Sunday, September 30, 2007

some strange trading

We have a few jealousy issues around our house. As soon as Camiron even looks at a toy Braden instantly responds with a "Bradens turn first". He is not a fan of Braden ever waiting for his turn! Since Camiron usually doesn't care, if he takes a toy from her, he has to "trade" her a toy. So he has to go find something that she would like to play with. He usually does a pretty good job.
This day I brought the doorway jumper out and put it on the tree- a little hands free rest for my back. We started out with Braden in the swing and Cam in the jumper... but she must have made the jumper look very appealing because Braden soon decided it was his turn "first" in the jumper. Yes he is 2 years old- but since it was hanging from the tree for some extra height- and he weighs less than most one year olds at a whopping 22 pounds- he fit it great. Everyone was happy with this "trade" for at least a half hour. It was the best (and weirdest) "trade" ever!!!


9 comments:

Brittany said...

Molly, How far apart are your kids? How do you do it with a 1 year old and a baby?

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Molly and Troy,
It is great to hear from you guys, and be updated on your blog. Your kids are too cute. We will have to get together one of these days when you are visiting in Utah, or even better the next time I get to Hawaii...how nice would that be. I don't know if that will be anytime soon ,but I will call you if I do.
Macy

Amy Gelwix said...

Ha ha! I laughed through your whole post! It helps me prepare for the number two. I'm also glad to know that Braden is packing on the weight like Lucy.

susie said...

You got a half hour out of it?! Totally worth it.

We also have jealousy issues in our house. I miss the days when Tommy didn't care. It's harder now that he has an opinion.

Love ya!

Tara said...

I love it!!! And I love hearing that it is not only my own kids who don't walways love to share. Will beats up on Luke and of course Luke would not dream of fighting back. I guess Luke is just Lucky that his little brother Will can protect him when they are in high school.

Admin said...

Love you guys!!

brooke romney said...

I lalalalove first siblings. They never change; manipulative, convincig...wait I'm one, and so is my hubby.....

Katie said...

Molly, I did go to a clock party it was fun. I love the clocks too, your friend was so cute. I would throw a clock party but we don't have enough space in our apartment to have one. Good to hear from you your kids are too cute and funny

~ Joy ~ said...

I love this post! Thanks Molly.
Are Bredan and Cami the same weight yet?! Are you anticipating it? They are both so adorable. And you are a terrific, patient, loving mom - no doubt.

:D