Thursday, January 3, 2008

christmas fun

The Nadigs took us in for a christmas eve dinner. The kids had a great time caroling to the neighbors and just getting excited for Santa. Aaron and Courtney are amazing cooks and we love to get to share their home for such a special night.
Unfortunatly once we got home, troy had to head into work for an emergency case... leaving me solo to put together the christmas presents. Mental note for next year- stock up on batteries!!! And why is it that a kids toy which only requires you to be at a 3 year old level to play with requires a genius to put it together??!






We had a great Christmas morning- that went on and on and on.....
Braden had to open every present, get it out of the box, play with it, and marvel over it before moving on the to next. He even had to try out a box of crayons he got. I promise we play with Crayons all the time!! Do we really need to try them out? We were bored long before we were done opening :) but it was a fun morning. Camiron thought it was great fun, all the new toys in the house and even got to play with a few before Braders stole them away. The kitchen and tool box were a big hit and have been loved since.
And although I forgot to take pictures, we actually hosted a christmas get together with our friends Candice and Kris with their little ones Kale and KiLynn and our neighbors Josh and Correan. We ate lots of food, had lots of laughs, and then troy had to go to work.








my friend Amy used to live on the island and moved to cold, cold, cold Alaska. She came to visit during the holidays and we had a great time catching up and meeting our new little ones!





while Troy was off for a few days we enjoyed a trip with our ward friends to the zoo....





8 comments:

Cianne said...

Don't you love having a husband who has to leave at a moments notice and at the best possible moment, too! Jordan was Q2 the week of Christmas (21, 23, 25, and 27) so we had Christmas on the 24th. Not only did I get to put Santa stuff together by myself, but I also got to do our stuff because he had to sleep and have Christmas day by myself. I did see Enchanted with a friend whose husband was also on-call, but I am sure glad that we only are interns for one year.

The Mrs said...

I just love seeing you guys in shorts and t-shirts while we are bundled up in coats, snow pants, gloves, hats, and boots. Hawaii looks and sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. It's so nice to have friends when family is far away. Happy New Year!

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Wow! Braden is a hottie in his socks and t-shirt! Looks like it was a great Christmas. Miss you guys. Oh and I will respond to your email as soon as I have more than 5 minutes. Who knew that having two kids was really hard work.

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Kochs looks like you had a great Christmas. We sure miss you guys! Your kids will love the kitchen. They look darling and are getting so big. I love the shorts and short sleeves. I would love to be in Hawaii right now. Minnesota... 6 degrees. Burr! Happy New Year! We love you guys!

Natali Thompson said...

It looks like you had a nice Christmas! A lot warmer than ours...I am jealous! I got your cute Christmas card and now I have your address!

brooke romney said...

You sound so big and brave, but go ahead and whine...your husband had to work Christmas Eve.....whaaaa.
Love you guys and hope Brayden got lots of garbage trucks.

Bree said...

i love that your kids were caroling in shorts, spaghetti strap dresses and flip flops while we were piling on the layers and not caroling (or even going outside for that matter) because it was so cold here in good ol' SLC. we're jealous!!!
miss you guys! please send malasadas! (as i'm finihing my post, i realize that peggy? basically wrote the same thing-i'm lame!)

Matt M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.