Sunday, June 21, 2009

here is why i love my parents....

My mom flew in on my birthday... so we had a little dinner celebration.  My "real" present was to head to maui without the kids in a few days- so we kept this small :)

As soon as my dad arrived, we headed up to waimea falls waterfall and hike.  Unfortunately all the pictures of us in the waterfall are on my moms camera! bummer!  but we had a fabulous day and came back hot and sweaty.  


Before Troy and I headed out a town, we did a little birthday celebration for Braden- mostly so my parents could give him their present while they were in town.  Nothing like a new toy to keep him busy while we were gone.  So we had a few of these...




Sang the song.... blew out the candles...


and then braden got this toy!  are you kidding me!  it is a "fightin' item" as we say around this house. the kids love it. too bad only one can use it at a time.  we have done some serious digging already.  maybe by next year we will have a hole big enough for a hot tub!




While troy and I were out of town, my parents took the kids on a crazy whirlwind adventure tour of hawaii.  They hit the zoo- as any good grandparents have to-

made crafts with the treasures from their adventure walks
played in the sprinklers
ummm- dressed up? i don't know where they even are here!
read books
and they also hit the waterpark, mcdonalds playland, went to the beach beach and more beach, went mini golfing, out to ice cream, a little target shopping and the pet store for good measure, the park, bike riding.... you name it- they filled the time with it.  I am sooo grateful that they wanted to do this for us. i can never tell them enough thank you's for our week away!

Once back, we also headed down to ko olina to check out the fish and catch a sunset.  i love seeing my kids with my parents. such great grandparents they are.  we love you and miss you!!








5 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Sounds fantastic!!!! I'm guessing you enjoyed your getaway immensly. Can't wait for new photos!

Sara said...

How great is that!!!!!???? I'm so glad they came out!! They look like AWESOME grandparents and letting you guys go for a week on your own is so wonderful!!!!!!!

Karla Christiansen said...

Yay you updated your blog! I have been missing my Koch fix. I am SO excited that you and Troy got a week long vacation! You guys are such dedicated parents you deserved it, can't wait to see pictures of all the fun you had! Miss you guys!!!

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

target shopping? Is there a target there now? WHAT, when, where?

sounds like they kept the kids busy. doesn't it just make you sad you don't live by them when you see your kids with them? That is how I feel.

Natali Thompson said...

You have the cutest parents! That sounds like so much fun-what a fun grandma and grandpa. Those pictures are amazing. I know I have said it 100 times-but we really have to get ourselves there someday! I hope you had a good birthday. I was thinking of you (forever ago now!) What are you thinking of the bachelorette now? Seriously...JAKE?! I HATE Wes.