Saturday, December 25, 2010

veterans day at the zoo


We hit the zoo on the most amazing day.  I knew I couldn't conquer this zoo on my own, it is 5 miles from one end to the other up and down hills.  it takes all day to get to the other end and then they bus you back to the parking lot!  it is huge.  so Troy actually had a day off- and we picked the perfect one for the zoo.  The leaves hadn't been changing and suddenly this was the week they all changed.  So instead of checking out the zoo, Troy and i were so amazed with the colors we couldn't even walk straight!  We loved the leaves, and the kids loved the animals.  Perfect combo! 


The elephants have quite a spacious spot!






You know it is a big zoo when you have to use one of these telescopes to find the rinos! 



1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh Molly! Wow! Great pictures and it looks so beautiful there!! We've been debating on billets...it's time to start the billet thing and I've wondered about the East Coast... it looks so enchanting BUT cold!!! : ) I've wondered if my toes would ever warm up since leaving Hawaii. : ) I SO miss it there!! : ) --It is SO GOOD to "catch up" and see and hear about all the great adventures you're having! : ) I'm so glad things are going good. : ) Congrats again on your new sweet baby!!! : ) She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!