Saturday, July 7, 2007

Camirons big week... and why do we bother!

Camiron had a big week this week so I thought I would share all of her "big" accomplishments! She started rolling from her front to back, and back to front.... scooching- but she leaves her hands behind and seems to end up upset and with a little rugburn to the face! She has started laughing- but only at Braden. Apparantly he is the only comedian in the house. The more up in her face he is, the funnier he seems to be. Since he is all over her all the time, we get a few good laughs a day. And finally, Camiron had her first swim in the pool today. Even with Braden splashing in face, she still thought it was great! Big week for my little girl who just turned 5 months!
And I would also like to voice a few thoughts to those out there who know what I am talking about. Today I was thinking, why do we bother? Why do I put clothes on my kids? By 11:30 am Camiron had pooped on her first outfit, puked enough to get changed to a second outfit, swam in her third and is now in her fourth! Braden spilled icecream on his first outfit, got his second one wet with the hose, and is now in his third! Why do I not just leave them in diapers?
Why do I try to clean my house? For every item I put away, Braden follows about 2 steps behind me. So I put one item away, which is suddenly to coolest thing he has ever seen, so he pulls it back out, along with everything near it that may seem of interest. I mopped the floor, only to have him run across it at least 6 times from swimming pool to whatever item he may need, a cup, toy or snack.... so my clean floor lasted maybe 20 min, and is dirty before anyone but me saw it.
And finally why is it that when they are doing naughty things- we can't help but laugh. As Braden is running across the floor, I yell in desperation "noooo" and he puts both hands up to his mouth and starts giggling like he is so funniest person around. So I of course have to laugh- and suddenly he is off the hook! He is quick to hit- and as soon as I say Braden no- his new quick fix to skip timeout is "sorry mommy" while kissing where/what ever he hit. he even did this to a lizzard that he kind of squashed the other day! Could he be any cuter!








7 comments:

susie said...

She is so stinking cute!!!!! I can't believe she is 5 months old.

I totally agree with all you said about why do we bother. That's why I have gone organic and have stopped dressing my children. j/k But it doesn't sound all that bad...

Ally said...

So Camiron is adorable! I love that you used her nifty little chair in the pool. As for why we bother- don't know- I gave up caring when Ben turned 6 months old. Maybe not the best idea but it has definitely saved my sanity!!!

By the way thanks for the monkey gram. Made me laugh much!

Tara said...

Molls- Will is totally pulling the "making it impossible for me to get him in trouble thing." He either says sorry and gives me a big hug or acts defiant and tough which also makes me laugh. They really do own us!! Camiron is adorable.

Unknown said...

molly ...I'm loving this looking at photos of the gang!! I remember living this life you are living. I love the blog site...keep it up. i want to come out and see everyone...we might have to have Thanksgiving at your place one of these years. Hmmmm...the more I think about it, that its not such a bad idea. love you lots, Geri

Amy Gelwix said...

I love your little family! Glad to know that life with two kids is still doable. It's a little intimidating to me but you make it seem efortless!

jth said...

Cute kids, Koch! You are all missed in DC, though we may be the last ones here that remember you, given the turnover.

If it makes you feel better, we have long sinced bothered, especially with Ethan's little sister adding to the mix.
-dc huffs

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

OK I just think it is hilarious about the cleaning and only you getting to see it. All the time I am saying to Jeremy "Jer I promise this kitchen was clean earlier today!" Or, "I swear I picked up the living room"