Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I {heart} this...


Anyone who knows me- knows that I love a good cold soda.  Coke and Dr. Pepper being my drinks of choice.  Well in the name of being a "good example" to my kids (ugh) I have officially given up soda.  Its been a month, the cravings are gone and Braden has stopped asking when we pull up to McDonalds if he can have a drink of my "medium coke" before i have even ordered. 
So in the name of health and being a good example out with the old...


 and in with the new......


Now for my second new passion....
Why did it take four years of living in the dirtiest place, with white carpet, two little kids and  a nonstop flow of house guests to realize that this would be the best purchase I would ever make?!
 I {heart} my new carpet cleaner.  The speckled white carpet- is now white again.  Let the cleaning begin!  



9 comments:

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Oh man..you are a good example! Actually I don't drink much soda, it would be sweets I need to quit. Jeremy needs to stop the soda. Oh and I sooo miss our carpet cleaner. We sold ours when we moved to Hawaii. Have fun with that thing.

Mandy said...

I'm proud of you. I'm off the soda myself, but it's not easy! My boys still ask for a good old Dr. Pepper now and then!

Elizabeth Baldwin said...

I got that exact same carpet cleaner when we lived there! It really is the best thing ever. (Of course, we also had a 140 pound dog tracking in dirt too!) Have fun!

Natali Thompson said...

Way to go! I am trying to give up sugar-I am not doing as well as you are.

Chad said...

Finley calls Coke, really any soda, "Fire Juice" because she thinks it's like her Juice is on Fire.
I gave up Coke for a year when we moved to Oregon, biggest mistake of my life! The cravings were killer for about a month (maybe that's an indication of just how addicted I was) and I was also told I would lose weight. Liars! All that happened was I really missed Coke.

Shannon said...

Way to go Molls. I know giving up soda is tough because Cameron has tried it so many time and ends up falling off the wagon (at least he's trying). Your kids will thank you for it, guaranteed!

brooke romney said...

Wow. You gave it up huh? No wonder we become moms...there is no hiding your vice from a 4 year old!

JuSaMee said...

hey molly!!

i recently gave up soda too!! i'm waiting for the miraculous 20 lbs drop...lol!! congrats!! it's been about 5 weeks for me and am amazed at how quickly the craving has gone!!

yay us!!

Sara said...

You're the best!! : ) Way to go on being all healthy!! : ) Congrats!!! : ) --We just got that same carpet cleaner the other week!! It's the best!!