Saturday, December 19, 2009

Eddie Aikau

Along with 30,000 others- I flocked to the North Shore for the
Eddie Aikau contest.  It can only be held when the waves
reach 40 feet in Waimea Bay on the North Shore.
The last time this happened was 2004.
My good friend Joy and I loaded the kids in the minivan and cruised over.
Once we got there, we had to cruise right by the competition. Everyone was
parking 5 miles away and hiking/ biking/ skating along this 2 lane road to get
there.  I was not going to hike 5 miles with my two kids.....
so we headed to Pipeline and saw the 25 foot waves and enjoyed the crowds.
Even though we didn't stop at the bay- I still caught some fun pictures of it all.  I loved the people....























































8 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

So, so cool! Thank you for those great pics! Makes me feel like I was apart of the action!!

Heather M. said...

Hi Mollie! So glad you got up to the North Shore to see the big waves (along with the rest of Oahu!). My brother was one of the cameramen at the Eddie, and then later at the Pipeline contest. Funny how the paths cross and no one even knows it. Hope life is going well in Hawaii!!

Lewis Family said...

Wow!!! Great shots! You are becoming quite a talented photographer. What a beautiful Christmas present for Hawaii.

Shannon said...

holy crap molls! I just checked out your photography website for the first time. You've been busy!!! And may I say you are doing a fabulous job? You people and your ability to pick up a new skill so quickly. It kills me! Really, your pics look awesome!

Wendi and Eric said...

Awesome pics.We were in the crowd on the beach watching too.So fun.

Sara said...

Wow!!! AWSOME pictures!!! Way to go for going up!!! Those waves are incredible and so are the crowds!!!! Next time I want to go with you!!!

Mueller Ohana said...

You got some Fab pictures! Awesome girl!

chiggidy said...

GREAT pictures. I am so jealous.

And, I am booking a trip out to see you before you come back to the mainland. Let me know when that cutoff is :-)

<3 you and your cute haole children!