Tuesday, December 29, 2009

leading to the big day

I have somehow missed all the "lead up" to christmas.
I find that living in a place that never looks like Christmas means you have to embrace anything that might get us in the spirit...

So- here we are with Santa at our ward party.  Just wondering who looks happier to see the Big Guy- Braden or Camiron?!




The Relief Society Sisters.



Camers made a gingerbread house at playgroup and was very proud of her work.
She worked very hard on it, and had one very jealous brother. (I won't name any names on who that might be)




We hit the Kapolei Light Parade with our good friends Tom and Shawna.
  I have decide this is the best parade I have ever been to.
It is so nice and warm here, the kids didn't even need sweatshirts to watch the parade.  But it was evening, so it wasn't too hot.
All the floats are covered in lights, they throw candy.
And we got there a little early and played some football in the field before it started.
Really does it get better than that?













We made family gingerbread villages this year. The kids were on a little sugar high by the end of this craft activity- but had so much fun.  I loved the little villages- it was fun to decorate more than just the one house. i will have to look for these again next year.
(on a side note, we will NOT miss making these in hawaii- last year it rained the next day and the houses truly melted away and had to be thrown away. this year we came down the next morning and the ants had found them.  Anything that the ants like- gets thrown out.)












Braden's school put on a christmas concert that was of course just adorable.  He practiced all of his songs very diligently at home. He is at a Baptist preschool and I am not sure where they found the Christmas songs- but i had never heard a single one before.  So I was at a loss when he would ask what came next...  but on the day of the concert he knew all the words and actions and sang his little heart out.  he was just adorable...








I can't seem to find Braden in this picture.  His blond hair just blends in with the other kids so well it is like trying to find where's Waldo... he he.



Our ward playgroup had to hit the christmas train and santa at the mall.  For the first time in a few years braden actually wanted to ride the train.








Camiron would not come near santa, so I had to join in this picture just to get her in the same 10 foot radius with him.





8 comments:

Sara said...

Fun times and super cute pictures, Molly!! I love them all!! And you're SO FUNNY!!

P.S. I'm sorry we didn't do the beach fam pics before Christmas!! We ended up doing a backyard pic but didn't even send out CARDS!!! Yeah, I'm a slacker all around!!!! --But I REALLY LOVED your card!!!! Thanks!!

Karla Christiansen said...

Molly, wow I am impressed with all the Christmas festivities you guys did! You've almost got us topped and we even live at the North Pole. I loved the pictures of the kids in their capes and as sad as it was, I laughed reading about your post office mishap. Had to show Justin that one! Hope you all are doing great!

zeebee said...

What a lucky and wonderful place to celebrate Christmas! I love it, thanks for letting me take a peak at your fun life story. love ya!

McAffee said...

I love how your house is totally clothing optional.





(The high temp here was 16 degrees so I may be a bit jealous)

Karla Christiansen said...

So true about getting into the Christmas spirit there, looks like you had a good time though. Don't forget everyone is jealous of your temps. I haven't been thru HI in awhile will need to get on a trip and stop by to see you all. Are you still planning on moving? -Justin

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Ohh... all your pictures make me miss everyone so much!
Thanks for the camera advice! I only have a little point and shoot, so I don't think I can adjust the lense!:) It is just time to save up and get a good camera!
I am so happy you got a pinata! I hope the kids enjoyed it!
So...have you guys heard anything more about where you are going? I have only met the Radiologist wife one time, but at least I know who she is and I can ask her for an email address if you would like!
I hope all is going well! Love looking at your photography blog! You are so talented!

Shannon said...

I love all the nakey pictures. Oh, that sounds bad. You know what I'm saying. And, isn't it funny that everyone takes their kids to see Santa because we feel we have to, and really, most kids refuse to even sit on his lap? It cracks me up. Since my kids somehow seem to get shy-er with time (is that even possible? I assure you it is), we skipped out on the tradition this year. I have to say, I'm kinda sad we didn't get some sort of picture with a totally mad/sad/angry/timid kid who is scared to death of the dude with a white beard.

Lewis Family said...

Yes I'm pretty sure that Troy is the one most excited to see Santa in that first picture... And nothing says Merry Christmas like a bunch of storm troopers walking down the street! Looks like an awesome parade! How fun for the kids.

Looks like you had a very happy Christmas!