Tuesday, September 27, 2011

back to my roots


I grew up out in herriman and it is always fun to go back to my roots and see how much has changed.
lets be honest growing up out in the middle of nowhere- i never expected it to become
the new "spot" for the young families to settle.  crazy!! 
  some of our closest family friends out that way are the butterfield
family.  I love getting to catch up with them when we are in town
and my kids love getting to ride all their fun toys! 
the joy of farm living!  heaven for every kid (and clay)


B is the driver this round.  scary- stay off the farm.




next up.  i really don't know what this little truck is. so we will just say it was fun.


clay and sharon



I haven't been to the coppermine since I was a kid.
as long as we were all the way out there, we decided to head on over.
(we lived a few hills over from the coppermine and we could hear the blasting
and could hear the trucks dump their big loads down the side of the mountain
depending on what side they were dumping.)



checking out the trucks with papa



that is one big hole!


and one huge tire!  (i am so glad they brought this from the old 
visitor center. it is what i always remember as a kid. I was always mad that they had that plastic 
in the middle of the tire because what kid doesn't want to sit in that huge tire!) 

No comments: