Monday, August 20, 2007

Nana and Papa came for a visit

We had a great week with Nana and Papa in town. Braden was tickled pink at the extra attention, and my parents were so excited he could finally communicate with them! And all of his communication is usually done by yelling it. So even with them gone, if they are really quiet they may be able to hear him yell from here!!!
We did a lot in one short week- and what would I do if they didn't come in town occasionally! They washed windows, did paint touch ups to the house, cleaned paint off my outside tile, let me clean my inside tile, hung 3, yes 3 light fixtures, and so many more favors that I can't even keep up with! Gosh I love them! And since I am feeling under the weather with strep throat this week- I have never wished for anyone to still be here so badly!!!!

These pictures are of a great trip to the zoo- loved by all except Camiron. It was a little on the windy side with Hurricane Flossie on the way, so it was a little too windy for her liking, but we still had a great time!






I never think to take pictures for church, but with my mom here she thought they were so dang cute all dressed up, that she had a little photo shoot! So they had to go on the blog.
And the one of Braden saying his prayers- my parents laughed at him during every prayer.... he would start out just like this, eyes closed arms folded- and by the time we started with Heavenly Father, the eyes would be open and he would be sneaking food into his mouth with one arm, while keeping the other so reverently folded! By the end of the trip my parents were sneaking him funny looks during prayer!! What a reverent family we are :)





We had a great time at the beach.... there really were a few beach trips of course, but the camera doesn't always make it out! Braden loved the extra attention. It is much more fun for him to have swimming buddies, climbing buddies, running buddies. He never stops. I loved the extra hands to keep up with him!





12 comments:

Amy Gelwix said...

CUTE HAIR! And it's always fun having family in town...

susie said...

So fun to see pictures of Barry and Mary Kay with their grandkids. I know how great those visits are! I love the picture of you and Camiron -- your brown eyes!! So cute! Sorry you're suffering on your own this week. It's bad enough having to get back to normal life without the extra hands but to be sick on top of it....ugh. Get well soon!

~ Joy ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brooke romney said...

You are the cutest family I have ever seen. Can't wait to see you in person and those darling kids of yours!

Donna said...

Molly and Troy, Love the pic of MK and Barry. The kids get cuter by the day. Molly, your hair always looks good. I love the picture of Mary Kay and Cami. Such a good one of them both. I can't wait to meet Braden. He looks like a real charme! Donna

Mike and Debbie said...

Molly, your kids are so dang cute!! Love them! So I got your blog address from Joy's and I'm adding it to my list so I can keep tabs on your cute family when we live halfway around the world!

aryn said...

How great to have your parents in town. Braden's praying story is the best- I even laughed out loud. Nate let me listen to Troy's voice message he left the other day and it really made me miss you guys! Your family is dang cute and I know you're such a great Mom...I wish I could see it!!

I love the haircut too!

Justin and Jill said...

Koocher
Nice to see you and your great family. Hope all is well with you and yours. Give the family a hug from the Mauss family.
Later
Justin

Ally said...

So excited for Jan-February!!!! Are you really coming for the entire months? We will have to pack in lots of fun days!

Why is Troy going to DC? Fill me and all your readers in!

Tara said...

Hi Molls - Ally just told me about you coming out for a couple of months. I am so excited!!! Both that you are coming and I will be here. I thought that was next summer for some reason. We are going to have a blast!!! Are you and Troy still planning on coming out in October? Love T

Molly Koch said...

ally and tara- we decided not to come in Oct. we couldn't afford 2 sets of tickets... so I will be there mid Jan. to mid March while troy has a training. He is going to try and come for a week at the beginning or end, we'll see if that works out..... can't wait! and can I mention that my kids might get hypothermia? extra coat anyone? Braden has never seen snow! :)

~ Joy ~ said...

Oh! Molly these pictures are priceless! Cami and Braden are adorable. That single one of Cami smiling. Oh, she's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!