Thursday, October 18, 2007

Island Woes

I hate having family pictures taken... but being a picture- aholic, I must get one every year. Especially since we didn't have one with Camiron in it yet. But living on an island your choices are limited- very very limited. So we have to go to Sears because there really aren't many other choices.
I had things well planned this year- the clothes, arranging a day when Troy could actually be there, a choice time when the kids would be the happiest- I know all you mothers know what I am talking about.
So you will all understand my frustration when after our "ok" photo session I send Troy home with the kids and sit down to pick out some pictures. (I even planned ahead to have Troy and I drive seperate cars so I could decide on the pictures in peace). Much to my dismay- she only took 3- yes count that on less than a hand, 3 family pictures, none of which I liked. I was sorely disappointed. She did get some cute ones of the kids on their own, but at this point there is nothing I can do, Troy and the kids are gone, the photo moment is gone for another year, and I am left with the sad decision of spending money on a large picture for my wall that I don't like. I ended up picking the one where Braden looked the best. Its all about making the kids look good right?
At this time I am jealous of all who don't live on an island :)





11 comments:

Beth Mahoney said...

These are great pictures of a beautiful family!

Tara said...

Molly - that picture is ADORABLE!!! It does stink that you only had three to choose from but in a million years I could not get my family looking as cute even if we had a million choices! I need to get on the ball and at least attenpt it - pictures are such a headache!

Palehua Playgroup said...

I am not sure what you are talking about. The family photo is so stinking cute. Try getting two little ones to hold still and look at the camera. It is a great picture by my book.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I love the family pic! It turned out great! I do understand the fustration in wanting it to be perfect because you only get one a year!

Shannon said...

I feel your pain, Molls. I'd rather get a root canal then get family pictures. Okay, I've never gotten a root canal but I hear they're pretty bad. However, you guys did great! It's hard picking out a picture that you think is good of everyone, especially out of only 3, but I think it turned out darling!

Amy said...

Reading about your family photos made me feel like I am not the only one with picture problems. We tried to take family photos last weekend and all I got was 5 shots before Chad lost his patience and my brief picture taking window had past. Oh the joys of memory making!

The Ratchford Family said...

Howdy, this is Dave and Rachel Ratchford here...your family is very cute. We've been linking off of blogs all night and found yours. Dave just laughed out loud remembering Troy's "bombs away" story. Something about poop from 8 foot in the sky...I don't know. Anyway, hope you are well. Our blog is ratchfordramily.blogspot.com
See ya.

susie said...

I agree with everyone else Molls -- the pictures are darling!!

I do know picture frustration. The closest picture place we have is 35 minutes away. Because of that, it took me 9 months to get Tommy's pictures taken. I felt such guilt that I hadn't gotten it done sooner, so it was a big day for me. Once there, I waited while they finished up the people before me. Their session had gone long so when they finally finished, the picture lady decided that they had to skip over me and on to the next people to get back on schedule. They wouldn't take our pictures!!! I ended up bursting out in tears -- so bad that when I called Jeremy he thought something tragic had happened. Nope, just picture agony :)

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

OK I am with everyone else. All the pics look great. But guess what? I live in California. In the Bay Area no less. You would think the celebrity capital of the world would have decent photo places to choose from right? NOPE! I am currently stressing about my unborn babies 4 week pictures. I can tell you from experience of living in Hawaii as well, my choices here are the exact same as I had there. It is either the mall (Sears, Picture People etc) or I can go to an independent photog but the cheapest quote I have gotten was $450. Ya that ain't happenin'. I am tempted to go to Utah just so I can go to Fotogenix again like I did with Ava. Even though they were in the mall I loved the way they turned out.

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

PS: I am like you. I have to get pictures at least once a year. Although with Ava I did every 3 months for the first 1 1/2. When we moved to Hawaii I went to Sears. I was so nervous but actually they all turned out pretty good. I even took her to the Sears here, cuz again, no other choices, but they turned out really cute. So I must recommend Sears. But you have to go in with ideas of what you want. I felt like I was directing the photo shoot. haha They probably hate me there cuz I totally take over.

brooke romney said...

I think you guys look great, and you are a better mom than I; I choose the one where I look the best!