Thursday, May 8, 2008

prayer of a child

Braden helps us with the prayer all the time, and sometimes even attempts to say it on his own but usually loses track of what he is doing and we have to jump in to help. But tonight he decided to say it all on his own- and said a great prayer. I knew if I didn't write it down I would forget it. So for my benefit.... here is his prayer

"Heavenly Father. Thank you for today. Thank you for the store... and the park... and the store... and the bank. playing at the park with Hailey (said Haweley) and Mia and playing on the slide. Singing songs... (breaks into song at this point) Bob the builder, can we fix it, Bob the builder, yes we can. and Twinkle Twinkle and Hanky Panky (which I am guessing should have been hokey pokey). and going to the park and playing with friends. Thank you that i could play with my scoopers. Thank you for mommy and daddy and camiron and braden and camiron. Help me sleep good and have fun. Jesus christ.. amen


I thought this was pretty great. He didn't even take a break. I thought i was going to lose him when he broke into song! Way to go Brado!

8 comments:

Kris~Candice~Kale~KyLynn said...

That is too sweet! I love that he is so thankful for Camiron that he mentioned her twice. ;) I have to admit that I chuckled when I read this post as it followed the bath tub conversation one. You are lucky!! What a sweet boy.

susie said...

Oh Molls, that is so sweet. He did such a good job!!!

Shannon said...

First boobs and then hanky panky? What are you teaching this kid, Molly!?!

Darling darling prayer. Kids are great.

brooke romney said...

DYING. Love that kid.

Tara said...

I love it - they are so darn cute at this age. Will is comming up with some pretty cute prayers also. But he yet to break out in song! Hope everything is going well for you. Love T

Natali Thompson said...

How cute is that?? What a good thing to do, making a post. I am learning that I forget WAY too many things like that-so way to go writing it down!

Ally said...

The only reason I check your blog is to get a taste of Hawaii. Get some beach photo's up. Come on Molly, get it together.

Lovingly yours,

Wes

The Welling Family -- said...

Wow! You are a blogging fool. I had no idea you were so into it. I heard you mention it, but man oh man. You have a lot of friends that blog and I had no idea a lot of people from Hawaii does it. I am having fun looking at what everyone is up to. Thanks again. Caddie Welling