Monday, September 8, 2008

my heart is heavy

I should have updated this sooner, but I just couldn't seem to do it.
My last post was asking for thoughts and prayers for my little niece McKensie. Unfortunately, the day she was to begin her radiation for her transplant they learned her cancer had come back. To proceed with transplant, she must be cancer free. This is the second time her cancer has returned just days before going to transplant. She began a new round of chemotherapy this last week instead of having her bone marrow transplant.
I know the Lord only asks a family to bear the burdens that they can carry, but I also know that the Lord must truly be carrying Brandon and Tiffany at this time.
Currently, Brandon is in Graduate school for his Masters in Social Work, they have 3 children 5 years old and under, and the hospital where McKensie is "living" is over an hour from their home in Kansas. They don't have any family in the area, but thankfully both grandmothers have been able to spend a good amount of time flying between Kansas and Utah to help them. They constantly trade off staying with McKensie since someone must be with her at all times.
With McKensie's last relapse she spent 43 days in the hospital and was to go home for 2 weeks before transplant. (for her transplant she would be in the hospital for at least 2 months). She was home 18 hours before they realized she had an infection..... and was right back in the hospital.
For those that know Brandon and Tiffany and would like to help, you can check on the side of my blog for their updates under Family. Their link has a spot for donations if anyone would like to help in that way. But I know that they just appreciate if you could keep McKensie in your prayers.
Her road to recovery is starting over again, and with each relapse becomes more dangerous and she is in more pain. We feel so blessed by the strength Brandon and Tiffany and especially little McKensie have shown. We love you guys more than words can say and know that McKensie's path is in the Lords hands.

9 comments:

brooke romney said...

That just makes me so sad, and I don't even know them. I can't imagine what they are going through. My heart hurts for them. Keep us updated.

zeebee said...

Wow, that is so much to go through, I can't even imagine. We will keep them in our prayers for sure.

Mueller Ohana said...

I'm so glad that I checked out your blog. We will definitely put Mckensie in our prayers. Thank goodness for Family.

Floyd Family said...

Mike is often in and out of Children's Mercy hospital, and we are so close - If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know!

Jessica said...

Cancer is awful enough, but even more so when it infects children. I have watched two friends struggle with lukemia, and both finally pulled through. So there is always hope. I will be praying for them.

Best wishes

Natali Thompson said...

Are you kidding me? I can't even stand to read this! They will for sure be in our thoughts and prayers-I cannot even imagine.

Dixons said...

Know that we are thinking of you and your extended family. Wow, I can see why your heart is heavy. What a tough trial to go through. I can't imagine how hard it would be. Hang in there! Love ya, Molls!

aryn said...

I am so sorry to hear that Molly. My thoughts and prayers go out to them! I really couldn't imagine anything worse.

Ally said...

I am just seeing your most adorable little niece... and her cute family. I will also keep them and you all in your prayers. Just know that we love you guys.