Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Emory Mae


After a terrible round of the flu- I went to Labor and Delivery on Monday with 2 problems- a cough that 
was ripping apart my muscles because my stomach was so big, and palms that itched beyond control.
The resident or pa who saw me finally agreed to give me some medicine for the cough but told me he 
had never heard of itching palms or a problem I looked up called Colestasis.  So I was sent home with out any tests done.  That night the itching spread to my feet and I called and set up an apt for the next morning with a doctor (tuesday).  When she saw me and i told her I thought I had Colestasis she explained that it is very rare, but normal for pregnant women to have itching. She agreed to run the tests I think only because Troy was a physician there and I told her he thought I might have it too.  So the first tests came back showing my liver was off- but we had to wait for another test that had to be sent off.  In the meantime my whole body was uncontrollably itchy and I could not sleep at all- at all!   When the results finally came in on Friday morning she called me immediately and said that I did in fact have Colestasis of Pregnancy and they were going to induce me on Sunday.  
(Colestasis only happens in pregnancy and effects your liver.  The itching is because your liver isn't producing the bile correctly and it is toxic to your blood.  It is also toxic to the baby and often results in still birth so they like to induce at 37 weeks to have the baby out rather than at continued risk)
I called my parents and they were amazing and flew in the next day!  yipee... my cute church friends gave me a surprise shower that night- and then i went in on Sunday morning.  
It went amazingly well for not really being in labor yet- i was already dialated to a 3 when they started the Pit that morning around 9.  I got my epidural (i love you) around 12 and they broke my water around 2.  Around 2:45 I was feeling a lot of pressure they had me start pushing a few minutes before 3 and she was born at 3:04pm.  I really didn't push at all- she just came on out.  
We were sooo glad that she was strong and healthy being 3 weeks early and all. she was breathing on her own and doing great. She is our smallest at 6pd 8 oz.   We didn't officially decide on Emory Mae until we had to hand over the birth certificate information but she is our little Emmers already.  


first look



her first washing


we were finally released and made it home Monday night for her to meet her brother and sister.
poor camiron we were trying to get home as fast as we could because it was her birthday!
She is my big 4 year old now!!  I never thought they would only be a day apart-  thank you Emory for not coming on the same day! 





First tub at home


home for a day....


16 comments:

Brandon and Danna said...

She is so adorable! Congratulations! We are very excited for you guys to have her here. Hope you are adjusting well.

Ratchford Family said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful. I am sorry for all the sickness you had to indure there at the end. I had a cough a couple weeks ago and it was miserable. Lets just say bladder controls is not at its best.

melissa said...

Congratulations!!! She is the cutest thing in the world!

Brooke Romney said...

Crazy story, but oh man, I love her already. Such a doll. We had to make our blog private, but I don't have your email address. Can you send it to me at brookeoromney@gmail.com

JuSaMee said...

Congrats Molly!! You guys look SOOO happy and baby Emory is a beauty!! Thanks for keeping up with your blog so I can be nosey from waaaay out here in Hawaii!!

Take care!

Sam

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that! Isn't being pretnant enough torture?!? I am so glad you finally got a dr to listen to you!
Love the name! So... is Mae a North Carolina thing? You should have just given her a hawaiian name! LOL
She is beautful just like your other two! I can't believe how much they have grown! Cute!
Congrats and I hope things slow down a bit for you!

aryn said...

oh my gosh! so cute!!! ava was 3 weeks early and 6lbs. 5oz. and soph and ava's birthdays are 2 days apart- i hate it!

all your kids are so cute! hope we get to see them soon!

Jessica said...

She is lovely. Just like your other too. Pregnancy can be such a mess such a pain, but it is all worth it. Hope you and your little clan are getting along.

Veronica Peterson said...

Congratulations! Emory is beautiful!

melissa said...

CONGRATS Molly and family! I am sorry to hear you had such a rough week before. I wish we lived a little closer so I could help out. So happy you are doing better and your sweet little girl arrived safe and sound. P.S. I LOVE the middle name Mae! Hugs..Melissa C

Natali Thompson said...

OH MY GOSH! She is so beautiful! I can't believe you had to go through all of that-but I am SO happy that the end results were all good. You have such awesome parents. What a relief that must have been! She is gorgeous! You better let me know if you are coming to SL anytime soon! :)

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Wow! Time flew. I didn't realize it was almost time for you to have her. Congrats to you all! And Happy Birthday Camiron.

jana said...

Ahhh, thanks for sharing your story! What frustrating complications! What beautiful kids. She fits right in. Congrates and you totally deserve a good delivery! Way to go.

Sara said...

Molly, she's so sweet!! : ) --What a great labor and birth too!! Congrats!! : )

Mueller Ohana said...

Thank goodness for a mothers intuition! Good for you for being persitent! Emory is just as beautiful as your other darlings!Get lots of sleep:)

Lewis Family said...

Wow! Crazy story! I'm so sorry you had a bought with the flu, thankfully this sweet little darling was born nice and healthy. She is an absolute doll! Congrats Molly! xoxo