Tuesday, June 3, 2008

30's not so bad

i just wanted to thank all my friends and family who made turning 30 a little easier! I had such a great birthday weekend and feel so lucky!


My friend Sarah and I have birthdays that fall a few days apart... so our husbands conspired together and sent she and I to this really ritzy spa at the Marriott hotel for Saturday afternoon. We had so much fun! We hung around eating lunch in our nice plush bathrobes, had massages and pedicures and just sat around giggling at each other. It was such a nice relaxing day and I might not have been ready to come home- but I think Troy was ready to have me back :) So thank you to troy and takuya for making our dream afternoon happen!!

this is sarah and i celebrating our birthday last year.... since we didn't want to ruin the tranquility of the spa- ugh neither of us brought a camera. so this will have to do!


This was followed up with a little bbq with some friends from moms club. My friend heather was also turning 30, so our good friend Amy did a little couples bbq for us. We had a great time- and Amy even made a "30" cake. who has time for that! she is of control! unfortunately during this little event our camera broke... so we only got a few pics- and i guess i know what i need for my b-day present now. bummer!





and of course- i want to thank so many of my dear friends and family who wrote me 30 (plus a few) amazing thoughts. I am so grateful that you all took time to make me feel so special. Thank you to meg and sooz (and troy who sneakily went into my email to find my email addresses!) who are out of control and rounded up 30 people to write to me and then sent me their emails every half hour all day long. Which was followed up with this amazing "flower cake" with 30 candles to go with the 30 thoughts. I have never felt so special and I am grateful that i know so many amazing people. I wouldn't be who i am without all i have learned from each of you. i have been blessed to live so many places and meet so many friends along the way. It makes me realize how amazing life is. The ride may be crazy, but it sure is worth it.

4 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

Happy Birthday Smalls! Wasn't it yesterday?? I was thinking about you yesterday, so hopefully I had the right date. Sounds like you got SPOILED-and you deserved it! Meg and Susie are awesome!

Natali Thompson said...

Oh...and by the way-I HATED turning 30-that one was tough for me so way to go!

Tara said...

Hey Molls - glad you had a wonderful day and that is was not to painful turning 30. I am jealous - I still wish I was not the baby!!! I did remember to call you but only in the morning and now that we are six hours (or more!?!) apart I am not sure how we are ever going to chat :( That was such a cute idea that your high school friends had. Love ya! T

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I didn't even know! I am so glad you finally joined the 30 club. I am glad you had such a memorable birthday!