Thursday, July 31, 2008

we took the plunge... here are our new family pets!!

here are the kids playing with a "small" cockroach. As you can imagine, I am not such a big fan of the cockroach species and could live very happily without them near my home.



I am not sure if these super fun centipedes are out in force for the summer or what, but we have been seeing them like crazy. Once again as you can imagine I am not a big fan of this animal. Actually I get really nervous around them. You have to chop them into pieces to kill them. If you just step on them, they don't die, they just keep trying to bite you. Yuck!! click on this picture to pull it up big and get an upclose look of this thing.



Before you call CPS on me for this video..... I was about to say that if they bite you they hurt like crazy.... which was cut off by camiron slipping out one of our other sliding glass doors to get a "hands on" meeting with this fun guy. At the end you will see her head in the left side- and then the video stops while I make an all out dash to get to her before she gets to the centipede. Don't worry- she is safe, and he is dead.

10 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Oh... Molly.. I would die.. I can't believe you have to kill that thing. I am glad that you have Braden to back you up. Good Luck with those friendly BUGGERS!
We sure miss you guys and hope you guys are doing great! Wish we could come out and see you!

Natali Thompson said...

Oh...My...Goodness! I would DIE! That is scary with the kids-good luck!

Natali Thompson said...

Oh...and I totally wish you were here to go to the party with us tonight! I am way excited!! It's so nice to have some other Jacob fans!

ashli said...

YUCK~! i don't know what i would do with a pest like that in my house! can you spray for those kind of monsters?

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

I remember when we had one at our place when we were there. Jeremy didn't see it but I started screaming. It was really long and ran behind our closet door. I yelled for Jeremy to go get it. He was saying what a whimp I was. I told him it was as long as a snake. He didn't believe me and kept saying that I needed to be brave. Finally he found it and I will never forget his reaction. He stumbled backwards but did manage to grab on to it with a paper towel. As he was heading outside to get rid of it, it started to climb up his arm. He screamed and flung it (with the paper towel) into the side of the hill. All I remember is hearing this big "thump' as it hit the ground. I turned to him and said "I told you so." I couldn't stop laughing. We still laugh about it today.

brooke romney said...

Yuck. But, I have 3 little boys who adore bugs too!

JDM said...

And I thought that I was brave. I saw a spider in the doorway yesterday and looked at my sons playing on the floor just inside and immediately killed it. I walked in feeling so proud like my new motherly instinct gave me the strength to do it with no debate. After seeing your video I don't know that even with my new motherly instinct powers I could walk through that doorway! YOU ROCK.

Karla Christiansen said...

Thanks for reminding us of just one more fun forgotten Hawaiian memory. I love the way you write, it cracks me up!

I remember one night we had flying termites attack our house. We had to go into lockdown mode and shut all the windows (HOT) and turn off the lights. We literally were laying on the floor hiding while they swarmed around.

You are much braver, severing that nasty thing! Way to go!

Looking forward to more good laughs!

Lewis Family said...

Girl...we have those awful things in Texas too! Along with a lot of other critters! I feel your pain!

zeebee said...

Oh my freakin' crap is all I have to say about that!